Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Yupo Paper portraits


(not finished) I decided to try a portrait (actually took these pictures myself at a reenactment) using the Yupo paper. The first one was not fun at all. I ended up wiping the whole thing off and starting over since the paints just ran all over the place. The second time I used a little brush and kept the paint brush more dry. I'm not crazy about the effect of this - although I like the pose and will probably do another one of Mark (friend I used to teach with) using regular paper.

The second picture is a quick sketch (very small sketch) I just did with a thin marker and dabbed with some watercolor. I like this approach much better for this paper. I need to get some permanent markers because the one I had tended to bleed into the watercolor. I'm going to explore this method some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment