Sunday, January 6, 2013

Yupo Ladies

I had a photo of these three old Russion ladies that I really liked. For some reason, I decided to do a painting using the Yupo paper (plastic paper). Things I like about this - During the process of this painting, I was able to let go of the way some of the things "really looked" and make my own decisions regarding color esp. I still love the subject itself and I don't mind the way some of the painting of the ladies looks. I'm not sure about the black lines I put around them (using a watercolor pencil), though. I feel that I need to do something different to the background to differentiate it from the subjects. 'Haven't decided what, yet. I did use the "wet tissue" method on the background to pull up some of the paint. I think I will paint these ladies again using traditional paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment